Causes of pressure washer surging
People that own pressure washers want to make sure that they are working properly at all times. A pressure washer will come in very handy for them and they will be able to do many things with it. When they purchase one, they need to follow the directions that it comes with. They should learn as much about the unit that they bought so that they understand all the different parts of it and how it is supposed to work. That is how they can find out if something is wrong with the unit while they are using it and it is not performing up to par.
What Is A Pressure Washer Used For?
A pressure washer is a high-powered spray that is able to do quite a bit of things including getting rid of gum. It gets rid of mold, grime, mud, and a lot more from concrete surfaces, vehicles, and buildings. It is excellent for cleaning decks, porches, patios, and other hard to clean areas. Since it is used commonly for many reasons, there can be problems that come up from time to time when someone is using their pressure washer and it is malfunctioning. They will want to find out the problem and fix it so that it doesn’t present issues anymore.
How Does A Pressure Washer Work?
A pressure washer is powered by a motor. The motor can be either electrical or gas-fueled. The pump allows water to be taken from a garden hose and produce high pressure. This is what enables it to clean off areas and surfaces that need to be cleaned. People love using their pressure washers as they make a lot of sense for them. They do not have to call in the professionals to do the work that they can do themselves.
A Problem With The Water Pressure
Water pressure for pressure washing is extremely important. People must check to make sure that their water pressure is correct. They will be able to do this themselves which can save them money because they won’t have to hire someone else to do it for them. If the water pressure is off then they most likely have a pressure washer surging problem. To check for a problems, a person needs to pull the trigger on the pressure washer. Surging occurs when the pressure is fine and then weakens. It is caused when the flow rate for the pump cannot be supported by the water supply. Problems can mount from there so it is important that it is dealt with as soon as possible.
The Causes Of Pressure Washer Surging
Since a problem with pressure washer surging is something that needs to be dealt with right away, people will want to take the time to figure out exactly what is going on. They will need to have the patience to check out a variety of ways that this issue can present itself. There are many causes for pressure washer surging so here are ways that people can check this for themselves:
- Spray Nozzle – It is important to check the spray nozzle. It may just be clogged and this is causing the issue. They will need to purchase a nozzle cleaning kit and follow the directions that are provided with it. They will want to make sure that it is cleaned thoroughly so that it will work properly again.
- The Unloader – The unloader may also be the problem. It should be repaired or replaced. The unloader is responsible for relieving the water pressure when the spray nozzle is blocked. It can be restricted in some way and it lies just above the water inlet. To add to this, there can be an issue with pulsating in the hose. The hose can have the air removed to see if it will work right again.
- Hose And Filter – A person will also want to check the hose and the filter. There can be problems with the hose. It may need to be replaced. If so, after replacing it, it should work correctly again.
- Water Supply – There may be a problem with the water supply because there may not be enough of it. If that isn’t what is causing the problem, then the pump packings should be checked. They may need to be replaced or repaired in order for the problem to be solved.
- Valves – It is important to check the valves. The valve allows the water to flow into the manifold. After it closes up, it makes the plunger allow the water to go down. Another valve opens to allow the water to escape. It may also be a valve spring that is causing an issue.
Calling The Manufacturer
If after a person checks for all of the above reasons that their pressure washer isn’t working properly, they will want to call the manufacturer. In most cases, they will be able to explain the information to the person so that they are able to fix it themselves. If they feel that they need to have a professional look at it, they will tell them this also. They are experts in the field and they are trained professionals. They are there for people to ask them questions and they will give them the answers that they need. A person should call them when they need to.
Dealing with pressure washer surging is something that needs to be taken care of right away. If a person waits on figuring out what the cause is and doing something about it, it can lead to costly repairs or replacement later. Many people find out what is wrong and they are able to fix it on their own and this results in saving themselves a lot of money. People find that they are able to fix the problem themselves after they look into it further. They can go back to pressure washing when they need to because it has so many benefits to it.